Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Poppy-Palooza....At 6am In The Morning?

The last couple of weeks have been very stressful. For the last 6 years my partner and I have owned our own business and have basically made our schedules up on a daily basis (depending on what we did the night before). If we were at the opening of a club, enjoying a new restaurant or staying until last call at our favorite waterhole, we never really worried about it because the following start of the work day was up to us. Now things are very different. Don't get me wrong, we are very grateful for the opportunity that we are being afforded at ALandCHUCK.travel. My partner and I have always worked better and flourished in team/corporate environments. But, this "being somewhere on time every morning thing" is for the birds! Let's face it, I'm gay and latin - it is not exactly in my DNA to be on time ANYWHERE!

So, being the obsessive compulsive that I am with an annoying "body clock", I now get up every morning, whether I need to or not - at 6am! It takes me exactly 30 minutes to get ready for work in the morning and 3 minutes to drive from home to my office. Now what do I do with that extra hour and a half? Redress Poppy Parker and Darla Daley of course!

I got Sweet Confection Poppy Parker in the mail yesterday and I am of course going to leave her in the perfect outfit that she came in (I just love it...every detail). Since I've already featured her in this blog and I hate to repeat myself (not to mention it seems every picture on Flickr is of her or FR2 Veronique), I decided to redress some of my other girls this morning before the sun came up.

Today I'm featuring FR Workshop Poppy from this year's convention that was lead by the one and only (hysterically funny and talented) Matt Sutton! This particular Poppy has just about worn every outfit in my doll closet (she looks amazing in EVERYTHING), but this Monogram ball gown just seemed to fit her the best today.

This morning, as I dressed her, I also let my mind wander to our vacation plans for early next year. We will be going to Paris and Amsterdam (during Gay Pride...what else...lol!). I've never been one to do the whole "Travel Doll" thing. I find it amusing, but knowing me I would probably get drunk and leave my favorite doll in Europe. Nonetheless, I've decided to plan to take a "Travel Doll" with me this year and photograph her all around Paris. It should be fun! Until then, I've composited (via Photoshop) my In The Still Poppy within the halls of Versailles. Can't wait to recreate this picture in person...on location... next year.

xoxo!
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment