Thursday, September 13, 2012

2012 IT Convention Here We Come.....ORLANDO or BUST!


I’m really ready for the INTEGRITY CONVENTION!

 
Normally, my life is so busy with all kinds of craziness that before I blink an eye the IT Convention sneaks up on me. But, this year the anticipation is so great (plus I can totally use the time off) that I’m counting the days like a kid does before Christmas. Hell, I’m looking forward to the IT Con more than Christmas and my birthday rolled into one! And it’s no wonder, IT gives better gifts than my friends and family do (If I get one more shirt from Marshalls…ugh).

 
First off, for those of you that have never been to a convention or are attending for the first time this year – the IT team never disappoints! There is always something for everyone (regardless of what you collect from their amazing roster of brands). Then there all the great deals that you can come across while doing room shopping. Not to mention, all the old and new friends that you will make in those 3 to 4 days of pure doll insanity!

 
Personally, I’m looking forward to:

 
1-      The Design A Doll Workshop – this is always a crowd favorite. And this year is even better because for the first time they are featuring Male dolls! Also, the ability to create your very own one-of-a-kind doll by choosing your favorite doll/model and one of the many outfits that they provide for the them. This year the character are going to be from the Color Infusion Series, so I’m sure the outfits and dolls will be cutting edge!

 
2-      The Table Dolls – for every event there is a table doll that graces the centerpiece of the table. Outside of the actual Convention souvenir doll and the Convention Collection, the centerpiece dolls are always the most anticipated because they are made in such limited production and always go for insane amounts on the secondary market after the convention.

 
3-      The IT Direct Sales Room – not only is this the room where they debut the dolls that that are going to be sold as part of the Convention Collection, but last year they also had IT Direct Dolls featuring the amazing Victoire, exclusive shoe packs and specialty outfits and dolls! And, THE GRAB BAGS are always a crowd favorite! You never know what you are going to get…but it is always well worth the gamble. I can’t wait to see the surprises that they have in store for us there!

 
4-      Workshops – I love attending the workshops!  I love to have the opportunity to learn different styling techniques from people that I admire. Whether it is the IT professionals or guest speakers, I love learning how other people achieve the amazing looks that they create whether it is in hair or make-up. I’ve always loved to share my techniques with others and it makes me happy with other collectors a free and open with their special skills as well. Not to mention, for the last couple of years, IT has supplied attendees with amazing Workshop doll sets that are simply delish…and have in the past been some of my all-time favorites from the stash that you bring home with you.

 
5-      Finally, the piece de resistance – THE CONENTION DOLL! IT is the only doll company that never leave the crowd disappointed with their finale doll. There is always an amazing “gasp” that occurs when the doll is revealed and everyone’s expectations are always blown out of the water.  I’m sure that this year will be no different ;-)

 
Finally, I’m contemplating taking a Travel Doll. Normally, I don’t partake in this tradition because I’m very fussy about making sure that my dolls don’t get “mussed –up” in transit. But, considering that this year the convention is in my proverbial backyard….I think I might finally take one of my girls on the road with me! So, what do you guys think….how about the Poppy Parker shown in the picture above? She is ready to go…bags packed and wearing her yummy suit ensemble from year 2010’s Poppy giftset. She’s a top contender as far as I’m concerned.

 
Putting another “X” on the calendar!
See you all soon!

Frank

2 comments:

  1. Marti aka Big24mac The Hot MessSeptember 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM

    Great insight for those who haven't been and refresher for those who have. I'm flying down a few days earlier to relax at Juan's. If it were up to him i'd have 10 travel dolls, lol. i can't wait to see what they release. The line up is quite epic and i can't imagine what suprises (and expenses) they will throw at us this year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marti! We are going to drive to Orlando on Wed morning and check in and do the "bar run" before everyone get's in that night...we will do the usual Welcome Cocktail Party in whatever room we end up in...lol! Gurl, we are going to have to hook on the street after this convention to make up the loot we are about to spend in those 4 days! BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT! LOL!

    ReplyDelete